Easy Mango Sago Pomelo in Jar (简易罐装芒果西米露) : ”Lovely cooling healthy mango dessert to beat the hot day!” “冰镇杨枝甘露，喜欢吗?”
Yields 4 jars 供4罐
3 large mangoes 3粒 特大芒果🥭
30g – 50g pandan sago, small 30-50克 斑斓西谷米
1-2 wedges of pomelo 1-2片 柚子
100ml coconut milk 100毫升 椰奶
50ml evaporated milk 50毫升 淡奶
50ml condensed milk 50毫升 练奶
2-3 tablespoons of caster sugar 2-3汤匙 细糖
Pinch of salt 少少许 盐
Recipe for Easy Mango Sago Pomelo in Jar (简易罐装芒果西米露)
(1) Peel and cut mangoes. 1 out of the 3 mangoes is to cut into cube as toppings. The rest for blending later. 2粒芒果削皮切块。第三粒芒果切丁作配角用途。其他2粒搅成芒果泥。
(2) Blend 1 mango at a time as you need to add different amount of milk to create different yellow tone. 2粒芒果必须分别搅碎的。这是为了制作不同颜色深浅度。做造型用途。
(3) Mix coconut milk, evaporated milk, sugar, salt and condense milk into a pot, simmer on low heat until all dissolved and blended well. Leave it to cool.
(4) Boil water in another pot, on high heat till rolling boil, add pandan sago. Let it boil for 5 minutes, stir occasionally, boil until sago left with just a tinge of white bit in it. Heat off, cover lid and let the remaining heat cook sago completely. Drain away water. Leave it to cool.
(5) Blend 1st mango flesh without adding milk mixture. Blend 2nd mango with half the amount of milk mixture. Leave the other hand milk mixture for later.
(6) Assemble into jars: Scoop and fill half of the jar with the two different tone of mango purée as well as milk mixture, alternatively or layers for the ombré look. Layer pandan sago, followed by mango cubes. Lastly top with pomelo sacs. Repeat step fir other jars, until all ingredients used up.
(7) Store in fridge to chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Lovely~
A serving of my mango sago pomelo counts about 250kcal.
Tips: To create more obvious yellow tone, choose mango with different ripeness. The more ripen mango will yield darker yellow. For less ripen one, just add more sugar to sweeten the purée, if you prefer sweeter dessert.
*Instead of pomelo, may use grape fruits for a more vibrant pink color topping! Colorful~
*Adjust the milk amount to achieve the thickness of the purée that you like.
Other Mango Recipes
If you love Mango, try my Mango Sticky Rice recipe too.
If you don’t like to make it yourself, here’s 10 places to find them :)
Do subscribe to my Social Media.. I post there quite often !