XO Crab Noodle Soup is my next dish to share with you all.
A word of thanks…
Thank you for your support! It motivates me to continue writing and sharing my recipes and blog, in my busy life. No matter how tasty the outside food are, the feeling of eating home-cooked will never be beaten. Just hope that my recipes will make it easy for everyone to cook up a tasty feast you want!
XO Crab Noodle Soup Ingredients
1-2 tablespoons of XO liquor
2 medium fresh crabs (each abt 500g)
500g thick bee hoon
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 head Romaine Lettuce
1 large thumb of ginger, thickly sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1L chicken stock
100-150ml cooking cream
1 tablespoon of Thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
XO Crab Noodle Soup (XO螃蟹米粉汤) 材料
(1) Clean and cut crabs into pieces. Set aside.
(2) Heat pot with oil over medium fire. Sauté ginger, followed by garlic until browned. Add chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
(3) Add tomatoes and crabs. Bring soup to another boil, lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
(4) Add bee hoon, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Now, stir in cooking cream. Heat off, and add in lettuce. Drizzle XO liquor. Cover pot with lid to the heat stand for about 5 minutes before serve.
(5) Ladle and divide into bowls, or serve the whole pot to share. Happy New Year 2019!
Tips: Use of cooking cream yields creamier taste than evaporated milk.
- May add some sesame oil, if preferred.
And if you want to try our Singapore Famous Chilli Crab, I have the recipe for you.