“Creative cream cheese pate on cucumber serves as a great appetizer for parties.”
Easy quick fixing appetizers, starter or party snacks that you wouldn’t want to miss to impress your guests.
Yes, minimal cooking, and simple all-dump-in method is all you need to whip this up. However, what you get is not simple, it’s certainly a restaurant standard creation.
Yields 10 – 15 pieces
250g cream cheese, semi cooled to almost room temperature
100g light sour cream
50g smoke salmon, chopped to bits
5 – 6 slices of streak bacons
1 sprig of fresh dills, finely chopped
1 – 2 tablespoons of purple sweet potato powder
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of bacon oil (*yielded from sautéing streak bacons)
2 cucumbers, shaped and thickly sliced
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh dill leaves
(1) Sauté bacons on dry frying pan over low heat. Flip to brown another side, until both sides are aromatic and crisped. Dish up and cut into bits when cooled. Do not discard the bacon oil (oil that released from the bacons during the sautéing). Dish out and set aside.
(2) Mash cream cheese in a mixing bowl, using a fork. Add sour cream and continue to mash until well combined. Return bacon oil and mix into cream cheese mixture. Add also chopped dill leaves, bacon bits and smoke salmon. Sprinkle pepper and sweet potato powder. Mix all well and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
(3) To serve, scope a tablespoon of cream cheese pate on the cucumber dish. Garnish with half cherry tomato and small sprig of dill leave. Repeat step for the rest of the cucumber dishes. Serve chilled.
1 tablespoon of this cream cheese pate on cucumber counts about 50kcal.
Tips: Cold cream cheese can be used, but it will be much hard to mash well. So, let it soften a bit at room temperature to make the job easier.
* Bacon will release its oil when sautéing on frying pan. Do not need to add extra cooking oil. And the bacon oil to be added to the cream cheese pate will smoothen the consistency as well as elevating the flavor of the pate.
* Cucumber to be cut into round dishes, and make sure it’s patted dry on kitchen towel.