Planning for any gathering, or feeling like fixing a feast for your loved ones? For the seafood connoisseur, here’s my easy and delicious all-in-one seafood treat.
This is especially great to cook for a group epicureans to get together. Chatting, laughing and having great food together… Great food, great home cooked food, but minus the hassle of cooking up extensive dishes. You would still be able to impress your guests with this lucious meal. :)
Again, this is a simple to cook seafood boil. As it was cooked from scratch, no instant soup pack used in my recipe, many little spices were required. No worries, all the ingredients are available in NTUC Fairprice and Warehouse Club.
Below is the video recipe, or click on link (Video):
4 tablespoons Kirkland Signature Pure Olive Oil
1 tablepoon Kirkland Signature Pure Sea Salt
2 teaspoons Kirkland Signature Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Kirkland Signature Organic Sugar
1 Emerald Whole Cooked Mud Crab , thawed
300 grams Blue Oceans Frozen Flower Clam , thawed
2 tails Blue Oceans Frozen Cray Fish , thawed
0.5-1 kilogram Blue Oceans Black Tiger Hoso Shrimp , thawed and trimmed
1 Large Pot of Water , (about 2.5 litres)
1 Sweet Corn , thickly sliced or broken in 3 parts each
3-4 Mini Potatoes with Peel , washed and halved
1 Whole Garlic , unpeeled
1 Fresh Ginger , chopped
4 Small Onions , peeled
1 Large Lemon , wedged
4 Bay Leaves
4 Basil Leaves
4 tablepoons Mustard Seeds
3 tablespoons Coriander Seeds
1 tablespoon Dill Weeds
1 tablespoon Ground Allspice
1 tablepoon Cayenne Pepper
2 knobs Butter
Sweet Basil , chopped
(1) For crab seasoning: add 4 tablespoons mustard seeds, 3 tablespoons of coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon of dill weeds, 1 tablespoon of ground allspice, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl and mix well.
(2) Heat pot with oil over low fire. Add 4 onions, 1 thumb of ginger, 1 whole garlic and sauté till fragrant. Then, stir in seasoning mix and 4 basil leaves, and quickly fill in water until 2/3 full. Increase heat to medium fire, and bring to a boil.
(3) Squeeze the lemon wedges and drop it into the pot. Add 4 bay leaves and 1 tablespoon of salt.
(4) Add 3-4 small potatoes and boil for 10 minutes. Add 1 ear of sweet corn and boil for 15 minutes.
(5) Add 2 tails of crayfish and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes. Add in 300 grams of clams, 1 kilograms of prawns and 1 crab. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 mins.
(6) Turn the heat off, and allow the remaining heat to cook for 10 minutes before removing.
(7) Lay sheets of large parchment papers (or newspapers) on the table. Using a skimmer, retrieve all the seafood and vegetables, and place atop. Melt 2 knobs of butter on the hot seafood, garnish with ground pepper and chopped basil and serve.
Tips: This is a spicy dish. The soup is meant for boiling and to allow the seafood to absorb its flavor only.
2 thoughts on “Louisiana Seafood Boil”
Hello! Would you mind re-uploading the recipe for this?
I have posted written recipe in the post. Reuploaded the video too bit not sure it could work.