Singapore IT show was happening since two days back, and I got a great deal on a XL digital air fryer as an upgrade to my existing smaller one. I thought it would be a good to start using it to make some delicious food as soon as I could, as a form of reward to him. :)
This stuffed potato was delicious, suitable for all ages, and could be served as party snacks, or as a meal! With the help of air fryer, the potato was nicely baked. Its potato skin was crisped to its perfection. And, this recipe is surely a great way to hide away the vegetables!
8 small round washed potatoes, whole with skin
150g of ground pork
50g of grated cheeses (I used Swiss, Cheddar and Mozzarella)
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of ketchup
1 teaspoon of sugar
Dash of salt
Dash of coarsely grounded black pepper
Dash of Italian herbs (mixed herbs)
1 tablespoon of oil
(1) Wash and pat dry potatoes. Place potatoes in air fryer mesh basket. Air fry at 180deg Celsius for 25 minutes or until softened.
(2) Cool the baked potatoes. Use a metal spoon of create a deep well in each potato. Scoop out the soft potato flesh, mash it and set aside.
(3) In air fryer baking tin, drizzle oil. Add minced garlic, diced capsicum, diced onion, half the amount of cheese, ground pork and mashed potato. Air fry at 120deg Celsius for 8-10 minutes.
(4) Half way through, pause the air drying process, stir a little and add in seasoning. Continue air frying with occasional stirs.
(5) Fill up potato with the meat mixture. Top with grated cheese. Repeat step till all potatoes are done.
(6) Wrap the bottom of each filled potato with aluminum foil and place in either the mesh basket or baking tin (for only 4 potatoes at one time). Air fry at 200deg Celsius for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips: Italian mixed herbs in bottle is available in major supermarkets eg NTUC Finest or Cold Storage.
* Dice all ingredients of the meat filling into as tiny as possible.
* If you think cooking the meat filling on stove is less hassle, please go ahead to do so. Honestly, I personal find the meat filling to appear more moist when to be cooked on stove.
* Get the smaller rounder kind of potatoes for the recipe. Definitely not Russet this time.