I was suffering from jet lag upon returning to Singapore. Everything seemed hard and difficult enough for me to work on, let alone baking a treat at home. But I had my craving for cheese cake, after having my favorite several times at the Cheese Cake Factory restaurant during the trip. I knew I had to bake this simple, yet great marble cheese cake.
So, if baking a cheese cake was your dream, it wasn’t anymore. I have the simplest recipe for you to follow.
Difficulty level? 1
Success rate? 98%
Yes, the simplicity in this home baked makes it all worth while.
Yields 6″ round cake
For the crust/ base:
24 pcs of Oreo cookies (whole cookie)
60g of butter, melted
For the cake:
250g (8oz) of cream cheese, slightly softened
100g of castor sugar
3 tablespoons of cake flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of chocolate sauce (melted from 50g of bittersweet chocolate)
6″ round baking tin with removable bottom (springform cake tin with a clip on the side of the tin ring)
(1) Finely crush whole Oreo cookies in a large sealed bag, using a rolling pin, or simply blend in a food processor.
(2) Melt butter in microwave for 40 seconds to a minute. Cool butter and add it into finely crushed cookie crumbs. Mix well.
(3) Transfer crumb mixture into a greased baking tin. Spread evenly and press firmly onto the bottom of the tin with a spoon. Leave it in the freezer to firm while making the cake filling.
(4) Mix sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Low speed.
(5) Fold in vanilla essence and flour until all ingredients are well mixed. Return chilled Oreo crust. Pour cheese batter over the crust and smooth the top.
(6) Drizzle chocolate sauce into batter. Use a skewer to swirl it in the batter to create marble effect. Bake in preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius, for 35-40 minutes. Remove tin ring. Cool cake completely on rack before storing it in refrigerator for an hour or more. Serve chilled.
Just had this cheesecake again this morning as my snack between meals, I really loved the dense yet moist consistency of the cake. Rich cheesy yet not overwhelming flavor. The cheese filling wasn’t too sweet, but a great match with the sweet crunchy Oreo base. The presence of the chocolatey marble makes the cheese cake even more flavorful.
A small serving of my marble cheese cake counts about 250kcal.
Tips: Break cookies into smaller pieces before blending in food processor.