Just realized that I cooked slightly different chicken chop for this Christmas than last year’s. I used a different seasoning. Same MasterFoods seasoning, but am using the All Purpose seasoning and not the Steak seasoning this time. Find this yielding stronger flavor chop. So, go easy on the amount and marinating hours.
So, here you go the updates recipe, and still in time to prepare and cook this for the New Year Eve!
4 large boneless chicken thighs with skin
1 can of sliced button mushrooms, drained brine.
2 tablespoons of All Purpose Seasoning powder (from MasterFoods brand)
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of corn starch
3 – 4 tablespoons of cooking oil
1) Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Rub seasoning powder on both sides of each chicken thigh. More on the meat side and less on the skin side as skin easily absorbs the flavor.
2) Place seasoned chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add oyster sauce and sugar, combine well. Then, place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1-2 hours.
3) When marination reaches half time, add olive oil and continue marinating. This is because oil gives smoother texture to he thighs, but by adding it too early, the oil may block the absorption of flavor of the seasoning. So, add in half way is the best to follow.
4) When ready to cook, remove chicken thighs from the refrigerator. Sprinkle corn starch on both sides of each chicken thigh. Lay them on a large serving dish to settle down for 10 minutes before cooking.
5) Heat large frying pan with oil over medium fire. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until both sides browned. Remember do not crowd the pan with the mushrooms, or it won’t be well sautéed. Repeat step till all button mushrooms are done. Transfer to set aside.
6) Same pan, heat more oil over medium fire. Add chicken thighs to pan fry till both sides browns and skin side crisped. Watch out and adjust heat throughout the cooking process to prevent under cook or burnt meat.
7) Dish out cooked chicken thigh to drain on wire mesh strainer before arranging on serving dish. Top sautéed mushrooms on the chicken thigh. Serve with fruits salad and baked jacket potato, or any sides of your choice!
A serving of my chicken chop counts around 400kcal.
Tips: All Purpose Seasoning on bottle is available in major supermarkets eg NTUC Fairprice, Cold Storage and Carrerfour. Usually with a rack of bottled seasoning near dry pack food area. Abt $3-4.