“Makes breakfast/ tea break a wonderful moment.”
I always make this for tea time or when I can’t finish the loaf of bread purchased more than 3 days (it’s harden and not so nice to eat it plain).
One could easily swipe away 4 slices of toast made with this simply-easy recipe. I could at least eat 3 slices at one go, no joke. Milk bread, honey, and berries, I considered this dish as healthy snack and good breakfast.
As for weight-watcher like myself, snacking 2 slices of toasts with berries and 1 spoonful of maple syrup (30g) at about 300 kcal seems a little too “heavy”. So, I prefer eating only the toasts and berries without syrup. This helps me to save 90 kcal. If go with choice of light bread (low-fat), it’ll save you another 7 kcal. If just the toasts by itself counts about 183 kcal.
Now, I have all ease mind to enjoy this delicious french toast. See below and you may have these appetizing french toasts prepared in 8 min:
6 slices of “light” white bread
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 pinch of ground white pepper
1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oil (for pan frying)
Sprikle of salt to add taste
Maple syrup/ kaya or even berries e.g. strawberries, wildberries, blueberries and raspberries for more refreshing taste.
1) Beat the eggs well in a large bowl. Add salt, soy sauce, white pepper, sugar and honey. Continue beating until mixed well. Set aside.
2) Heat up a frying pan with oil, set fire to medium.
3) Take 1 slide of bread. Tip both sides of the bread with the egg solution.
4) Sauté the bread until golden brown colour. Repeat Step 3.
5) Cut the breads into halves (square or triangle shape).
Tips:I like the taosts to taste a little salty and not just all-sweet taste. So, I added soy sauce. Sprinkled salt is to add the “salt” flavour as personal preference in fact. For choice of bread, I used Sunshine Light.