“You don’t need to pay restaurant price to get your no-frills ‘restaurant’ pasta”
In order to assemble quick and hassle free dinner, as I had to do up my rum raisin chocolate lava cake for supper, at the same time, I decided to air-fry a pasta dish.
Of course, you may cook this recipe as my usual ‘wok’ way, I just wished to save up the stirring and monitoring time in the cooking process so that I could fix up a supper dessert concurrently. Air-frying my pasta without the need of stir frying and watching out process, I was able to assemble our dinner within 15 minutes, and accomplished the two courses, from preparing to serving, both pasta and lava cake, within a total of 25 minutes.
150g of spaghetti pasta (or amount about the size of a circle of your thumb and index finger)
250g of frozen shelled prawns, thawed
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of chicken powder
1 teaspoon of chili flakes
Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
A pot of water with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and pinch of salt (to pre-boil pasta)
(1) Heat a pot of water over high fire. Place pasta, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and pinch of salt, and cook till al-dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
(2) Remove the air-fryer basket. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil, butter and prawns directly into the air-fryer drawer. Set 180deg Celsius and air fry for 10 minutes.
(3) Now, open drawer to add cooked pasta, sprinkle salt, chicken granule, garlic, chili flakes, black pepper, and drizzle 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Use a tong or spatula to mix the ingredients well. Close drawer, and air fry for another 5 minutes. Dish up and serve.
A serving counts about 340kcal.
Tips: Chili flakes in bottle are available at major supermarkets, try the western seasoning cells. Alternatively, simply chop up the dried chili by yourself.
* If adding chicken powder/ granule is not what you do in cooking, replace it with pinch of sugar. Taste wise? I still prefer it with little of chicken powder. I used Knorr chicken powder with no added MSG.
* Since dry spaghetti is too long to be placed completely into the air fryer before softened, I had to pre-boil it. If you choose to use penne or fusilli, you may boil it in air fryer, too. Simply place hot water and short pasta and air fry for 10-15 minutes. Adding hot water is to expedite the cooking process.