“I cook this whenever my craving for some refreshing meat dishes kicks in, and it’d easily prepared and cooked even in those busy nights.”
Serve this simple-to-assemble tangy pork ribs on a bed of leavy greens, or enjoy it as a complete Western meal with soft creamy mashed potato and lightly salted blanched mixed vegetables.
You may prepare the marinating the night before, for even greater flavour to be yielded… When ready, simply roast it in oven and you will be able to get this served in a flash. Whet your appetite with the zesty and mild saltiness of hoisin sauce flavours in the ribs even in the busy weeknights!
One slab of prime ribs or baby back ribs with 5 – 6 ribs (about 400 – 500 grams), cut into separate ribs
6 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon of orange essence
½ teaspoon of potato starch
1 teaspoon of honey
1) Season pork ribs with hoisin sauce and fresh orange juice. Make sure each rib is well coated with the condiments. Marinate ribs in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. It’s best if could marinate overnight long.
2) Preheat oven to 200°C for 15 minutes. Remove marinated pork ribs from refrigerator. Add in orange essence and sprinkle potato starch on the ribs. Mix well.
3) Now, line one sheet of aluminum foil on the baking tray, and transfer pork ribs onto the tray. Do not transfer or dispose the marinating sauce. Keep the sauce for later.
4) Place the ribs on baking tray on second rack and bake for 20 minutes, or until ribs are golden browned. Then, turn the ribs over and bake for another 2 – 3 minutes.
5) Add and dissolve honey in the marinating sauce you have kept earlier on. Now, brush the honeyed marinating sauce on both sides of each rib, and then drizzle the remaining sauce onto all the ribs un the baking tray. Continue to bake for 2 – 3 minutes. By now, all ribs should turn juicy tangy brown. Arrange ribs on a nice serving dish. Garnish and serve immediately.
Tips: Ribs can be cooked and served in a rack instead of separate cuts, as your wish.
* If desired, choose to roast the ribs directly on skillet instead of baking method.
* Addition of orange essence is to enhance the tangy flavour to it’s maximum. However, it’s optional if you prefer milder tanginess.