The weather is scorching hot, with the recent haze in the air, it really makes me feel sick. Let’s not wait anymore, drink this! With a simple, delicious, foolproof soup recipe here, anyone will be able to cook this easily.
Healthy Bitter Gourd, Apple & Pork Rib Chinese Soup (清热降火凉瓜苹果汤) Ingredients
- Serve 3-4
- 500g small bitter gourd
- 300g pork ribs
- 2 apples, washed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons dried wolfberries (goji berries)
- 8 cups of water
- Salt to taste (1/2 teaspoon usually)
Healthy Bitter Gourd, Apple & Pork Rib Chinese Soup (清热降火凉瓜苹果汤) Cooking Method
1. Soak in salted water for 15min, wash and cut the bitter gourd into thick slices, removing the seeds and pith.
2. In a large pot, bring half pot of water to a boil. Add bitter gourd, blanch and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from pot, keep for later.
3. Drain water in pot. Same pot, add fresh 8 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Add the pork ribs, boil for 5 minutes. Skim off any impurities that rise to the surface.
4. Return the bitter gourd slices and add apples to the pot.
5. Simmer on low heat for 40 minutes or until the pork ribs are tender.
6. Stir in the dried wolfberries and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve hot！
- 500克 小苦瓜
- 300克 排骨
- 2汤匙 枸杞子
- 8杯 水
- 适量 盐
Drink this for health and slimming! A serving of soup counts less than 150kcal.
Tips: Soak bitter gourd with salted water and blanch it with boiling water may help to eliminate bitterness. That way, you may enjoy eating it better!
And if you like this dish, you might also like my bitter gourd soup recipe too. It is a healthy soup for the family !!