Fluffy Pancake Recipe : “Easy handmade-from-scratch recipe with almost 100% success rate even for the first timers!”
Fluffy Pancake Recipe
Pancakes are popular and delicious to be enjoyed anytime all-day. I like it fluffy and thick, but not runny inside. This recipe I’ve come out with is perfect for my own preference. And I can make this easily without the worries of developing gluten in my batter (gluten makes pancake rubbery).
No premix, no baking power, no special tools. Easy to master, easy to make, not easy to fail. :)
7-8 large pancakes
2 large chilled eggs, separate yolk and white
6 heaping tablespoons of plain flour (300-320g)
2 tablespoons of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
250ml of chilled milk (adjustable)
1/2 teaspoon of potato/ corn starch
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice (2-3 drops)
Method to make Fluffy Pancake Recipe
(1) Pour small amount of milk into yolks, Add 1 tablespoon of icing sugar, oil and salt. Mix well.
(2) Add plain flour, and gradually pour in milk to gently fold all ingredients into slurry. Check the consistency by lifting the ladle / whisk to see streaks of batter.
(3) Add lemon juice and potato starch into egg white. Beat vigorously until foamy. Add 1 tablespoon of icing sugar, continue beating until soft peak.
(4) Take 1/3 of whipped egg white and fold into batter. Then, pour the batter into the remaining egg white, gently fold them together.
(5) Low heat, need not to brush oil in pan. Ready to cook by ladling thick layer of batter onto the pan. Flip batter to another side only when the top of the batter is drying up, or tiny bubbles are seen. Cook both sides till lightly browned. Ready to serve.
1 large thick pancake counts about 180kcal.
Tips: Eggs and milk which I used are chilled. No need to be room temperature or warm.
* Whisk the flour batter gently when combine it with the yolk-milk mixture, fold it without going through circular motions (*see video). This is to avoid over-whipping the flour which may develop gluten, making pancake rubbery.
* When cook pancake, the fire control is important. Always start with low fire.
If you like the recipe here, you might also like my Pumpkin Pancake with (Banana) Ice Cream.
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel too. Or Instagram. Or Facebook :)
6 thoughts on “Fluffy Pancake Recipe (松饼食谱) : Nice and Delicious”
Can we use this recipe for waffles & crepe?
Mmm…. the measurements for these are different. If you use this recipe for waffles, it won’t turn out crispy enough as the measurement for oil is not correct, and lack of corn starch in the batter. As for crepe, it’s similar just without the need of separate egg whites and yolks. For crepe, you don’t need the airy fluffy texture in it
What type of milk do you use? Full cream milk, fresh milk or?
I used full cream milk, but both are fine.
Hi! Can I use all purpose flour instead of plain flour as well as omit the icing sugar? Thank you!
Yes, you can.