“The simplest & tastiest way to fix an impressive dinner meal”
I was too engrossed in watching Hong Kong drama series. No time to spend in the kitchen, but I have my easiest “long hour” pork rib recipe to hide my obsession with the TV.
Simply marinate the ribs, bake it for long hours where I would get all my time to continue with my tv program while waiting for the ribs to cook. When it’s done, no one would ever doubt me for not doing my job in fixing up a delectable dinner! :D
1 full slab of pork spare ribs (about 8-10 ribs, 1-1.2kg)
2 tablespoons of ^Caribbean Jerk spice
1 tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning herbs
1 tablespoon of coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of tumeric powder
1 tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1块 全肋排骨 （约8-10条肋骨，1-1.2公斤）
(1) Simply mix all seasoning, and rub on both sides of the pork ribs evenly. Marinate for at least 3 hours, or do it overnight for stronger flavor.
(2) Preheat oven to 160deg Celsius, place marinated ribs in oven-proof baking tray, cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours.
(3) Flip the whole slab of ribs over, continue baking for another one hour, covered with aluminum foil, still.
(4) Turn over the ribs to its front facing top again, increase temperature to 180deg Celsius, bake the ribs for 15 minutes, without the foil this time. Heat off when the marinade is drying up，and ribs are charred enough. Serve with rice and side dishes.
A serving of my baked ribs counts about 300kcal.
Tips: Caribbean Jerk seasoning spice is a bottle of ready mixed spices, available at major supermarkets eg NTUC Finest. I used McCormick brand for this. No worries if you can’t find it, it’s a blend of red and black pepper, thyme and allspice. Mild hot flavor.
* All purpose seasoning herbs are a blend of onion, black pepper, garlic, parsley, celery seed, tomato powder, basil, thyme, oregano, sage and coriander. I used organic version, bought from online store.
* It’s not necessary to remove the membrane at the back of the ribs. The slab will stay intact better than without the thin layer.
* If you would like to retain the sauce, pour it out and set aside before proceeding with Step (3).