Recipe in English and Chinese (中英食谱)
“Festive Feasts Made Easy with Panasonic Cooking”
I am sure most of the people are looking up to celebrate this vibrant fun-filled festival, home dinner parties and scrumptious lunch gathering are starting to pack our calendars. Here I have my easy-to-prepare festive recipe (modified from Panasonic Cooking) to help you get started.
Other than getting some easy recipes on hand, useful and functional equipment is the key to having your preparation and cooking jobs done much easier and quicker. My multi-functioning Cubie convection steam oven is one of those convenient kitchen appliances that I would recommend. Not only does it have the convection baking feature, I use it to steam, heat up food, and even do healthy frying. Yes, you do not need pot-full of oil to get your crispy food done now.
If you are new to this oven, let me guide you with this healthy fried chicken wing & cranberry sauce for the upcoming Christmas!
Yields 10 winglets
10 pcs chicken wings (mid-joints only)
2 eggs (beaten with fork)
1 tablespoon of paprika powder
1 teaspoon of dried parsley herbs
60g of plain flour
100g of bread crumb (Jap Panco preferred)
2 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon of Thai fish sauce
1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1 cup of frozen cranberries
1/2 cup of cranberry or orange juice
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 pc of cinnamon stick
Some orange zest
Pinch of salt
Baking paper for lining of tray
(1) Season chicken wings with seasoning ingredients (B), marinate for 1-2 hours.
(2) Drizzle oil into bread crumbs, mixed well.
(3) Coat chicken wings with plain flour, followed by beaten eggs. Then, coat with oiled bread crumbs evenly.
(4) Sprinkle paprika and dried herbs over coated chicken wings.
(5) Set Panasonic steam oven to <Healthy Fry> mode, press <Start> to preheat.
(6) Line its steam bake tray with baking paper. Arrange chicken wings on lined baking tray, and place tray in lower rack. Set timer to 25 minutes to start cooking. Remember to flip over wings at half time to “fry” on both sides.
(7) Prepare cranberry sauce: Set to <Steam – Medium> mode, press <Start> to preheat. Place cranberries, cranberry/ orange juice, zest, cinnamon stick and sugar in a bake-proof dish and onto steam bake tray. Set timer to 15 minutes to steam until soften and mushy.
(6) Remove cranberry dish from oven. Mix well with fork. Serve with oven-fried chicken wings. Voilà!
（7）准备蔓越莓酱：设置为<Steam – Medium>模式，按<Start>预热。将蔓越莓，蔓越莓/橙汁，橙皮，肉桂皮和糖放进一个防烤的盘子，放置托盘上。设置计时器到15分钟，开始蒸，直到软化和成糊状。
Healthy fried chicken winglets will help you cut down calorie intake by half. Eat more
Tips: This chicken wings recipe is good with any baking equipments, but best prepared with this Panasonic Cubie Convection Steam Oven NU-SC100.
What I personally like it most is the steam function. I do not need to set up my pot and steam rack, or electrical steamer anymore, simply place whatever food eg frozen buns, dim sum, fish, meat, chicken, etc into my steam oven and turn on steaming function to get it heated or cooked.
And for the minimalist, you don’t have to own 3 separate appliances of conventional oven, steamer and air-fryer now. Spare your tiny kitchen from the cluttering with this compact Panasonic Cubie steam oven in place. Of course, this easy-to-operate oven let you have all the convenience in most modern cooking. Roasting, baking, steam/ steam bathing (Japanese cheesecake method), and healthy frying to be done easily.
Stay tuned. I have more recipes to share. Ask me, if you wish to hear more of my sincere opinions.
To find out more details on this multi-functional Cubie steam oven used in this recipe, click: Panasonic Singapore
Note: This is an advertorial post, but all the above opinions are expressed based on my personal cooking experience with the oven and on my own accord.