Post & Recipe in English and Chinese (中英食谱)
“It’s the same like how I cooked on TV show. Stir-Fried Milk or Steamed Milk Dish, both are the best dishes you shouldn’t missed! 跟我在电视节目上煮的一样。不论是炒鲜奶还是蒸鲜奶，两种做法都是你不能错过的好佳肴!”
Once again, thank you for watching the cooking program, <Hey Chef! S2>, on Channel 8, which I had the honor to take part in one of the great episodes. From this experience, I learned to master this (century old) legendary Chinese dish and some special dishes which easily resemble at home. (Thank you thank you)
If you would like to cook these healthy yummy milk dishes, here I have the video in Toggle, for your reference:
<Hey Chef!S2 ~ EP 4>
Recipe in writing as well as my way of mastering it thru Chef Pung is also shared here:
200ml of full cream milk (fresh or skimmed)
5 large egg whites
5 fresh prawns, peeled and diced
3 fresh scallops, diced
1 small piece of fresh fish fillet, diced
1 bowl of broccoli florets
1 teaspoon of corn starch
1 teaspoon of sugar
1+1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pinch of salt
^Extra pinch of salt, sugar, pepper and corn starch for seasoning seafood
200毫升 全脂牛奶 (新鮮或脫脂均可)
5只 鲜虾, 切丁
(1) Season seafood with additional ^seasoning for 10 minutes. Reserve for later.
(2) Separate egg yolks from whites and use only the whites. In a large bowl, mix together milk, corn starch, sugar and salt. Add egg white and stir to combine.
(3) Boil enough amount of water in wok (add oil and salt), blanch broccoli florets. Dish up, drain and arrange on a large serving dish. Thereafter, blanch diced seafood. Heat wok with 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat, quick saute the blanched seafood, dish up and reserve for later.
(4) Reduce fire to medium heat, add another 1 tablespoon of oil in the same wok, pour in milk mixture. Slightly tilt wok to spread the milk, scramble milk by pushing semi solidified milk to the side with a spatula. Repeat scrambling action till milk is set (clouds form). Return sauteed seafood and combine with fried milk. Dish up, and serve hot.
Steamed milk dish: To steam, I would suggest adding more milk to yield smoother and more wobbly consistency. Add extra 50ml milk to the existing recipe. Wrap the dish tightly with cling wrap, steam on high heat for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
(3) 煮沸适量的水 (加盐和油)，汆烫西兰花至七分熟捞出摆盘备用。然后汆烫腌制好的三鲜丁。另外热锅，加入1汤匙橄榄油，将汆烫过的三鲜，迅速煎至金黄色 ，捞起待用。
A serving of my healthy delicious stir fried milk with seafood counts about 100kcal. Steamed milk counts about 80kcal.
I would like to thank also my guests who rendered their support and time to attend my food tasting session during the filming. Siew Jun of Monniker Cafe, and Daphnie Chong.
Tips: Try using the thicker type of cling wrap which meant for steaming purpose. It’s easily available at major supermarket.
* Put the milk dish to steam only when the water is rolling boiled.
* Toppings of seafood is added by choice and preference. Personally think it elevates the overall flavor of the dish.
* Pat dry prawns before marinating is the key to successful marination.
* To yield bouncy effect of the prawns, soak prawns in iced water and keep refrigerated for several hours.