Post & Recipe in English and Chinese (中英食谱)
A soup dish filled with “wealthy” ingredients. I am sure you wish to know what kind of “wealth” are found in it, and how easy to assemble this delicious festive soup dish.
Yes, and we should say “no” to shark fin during these festive occasions. I would recommend this to replace shark fin soup. As delicious as it could be, it symbolizes increment in wealth capacity.
This “filled with wealth” soup is a must to consume during Chinese Lunar New Year.
1 pc of fried fish maw, soaked and sliced into rings
100g of chicken fillet, boiled and shredded
6 pcs of cooked Japanese crab meat sticks, shredded
50g of corn kernel
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of Chinese Hua Diao wine
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
Pinch of white pepper
3 tablespoon of corn starch, mixed with water into slurry
1 pot of chicken stock, about 800ml
1片 炸鱼鳔，浸泡并切段留圈 (金圈)
100克 鸡柳，煮熟切丝 (机会)
6个 熟日本蟹肉棒，切丝 (和谐)
50克 玉米粒 (黄金)
1个 鸡蛋 (春天)
2瓣 大蒜，切碎 (好算)
1汤匙 油 (油水=钱财)
(1) Heat pot with oil over medium fire. Sauté garlic till browned. Add chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
(2) Add fish maw rings and shredded chicken. Simmer on low fire for 20 minutes. Add corn and crab meat, continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
(3) Increase heat to high fire, and bring it to a rolling boil. Stir in egg to create egg drops. Add salt and pepper, drizzle Chinese wine. Stir in corn starch slurry to thicken the soup. Heat off. Serve.
A bowl of fish maw egg drop soup counts less than 300kcal.
Tips: The amount of each ingredient is adjustable to your liking.
* Japanese crab meat stick has more tender texture than the normal artificial crab meat stick. I bought it from Giant Hypermarket (found in frozen food compartment). Of course, fresh crab meat is still the best. :)
* Presoak the fried fish maw in warm water for about 15 mins to shorten cooking time.