Curry, a dish which comes in all variations, and has been cooked in all cuisines. No one wouldn’t know what is curry. I have my new recipe for curry, too, which has incorporated fresh pineapple paste.
Cook this mild spicy sweet curry, it just goes well with any kind of staple food e.g. biryani rice, nasi lemak, white rice, crepe, bun and bread.
300g of pork meat (short ribs or loin)
2 long wedges of fresh pineapple (for making into paste)
1 long wedge of fresh pineapple, cut
5-8 cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Pinch of brown sugar
60g of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Ingredients for Curry Paste:
1 thumb of Galangal (blue ginger)
1 thumb of turmeric (or 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder)
1 tablespoon of coriander powder (or 1 sprig of coriander leaves)
1 stalk of lemon grass, cut
5-10 pcs of dried chilis, trimmed and cut
1 teaspoon of Garam Masala
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of Thai fish sauce
1 teaspoon of lime zest and juice (from half lime)
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of water
Garnishing: Coriander leaves
(1) Blend pineapple into paste. Blend all ingredients of curry paste. Use 1 tablespoon each of the paste to marinate pork meat. Use barehand to mix pastes and pork well until all are well coated with the pineapple curry paste. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Set aside remaining paste.
(2) Heat wok with oil over medium-low fire. Brown garlic, and stir fry shallots. Then, add and sauté 2 tablespoons of curry paste until aroma releases. Add pineapple paste. Stir fry to combine.
(3) Add marinated pork meat, stir fry to combine. Let it cook for few minutes before adding pineapples and tomatoes. Stir in sugar and salt. Cover lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
(4) Stir in coconut milk and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes before heat off. Dish up and serve with rice, or any main.
The ingredient list for curry paste might seem deceptively long, but all these spices are easily found in supermarkets. The cooking is simple, once the preparation done. :)
A serving of pork pineapple curry counts about 230kcal.
Tips: The portion of curry paste in the recipe might be excessive. Simply freeze the remaining for future use. It can be stored up to 2 – 3 weeks.
* For better presentation, may leave the pineapple shell in proper shape to be used as serving dish.