While I understood some diet watchers would try to avoid butter, but I, as a diet watcher, still pretty much in love with butter. Truly do. Also as a food/ recipe blogger, I would try my best to cater for all needs, as much as I would like to. Here’s a super-easy butterless mini muffin, quick to assemble and to be ready in minutes. So, I considered this recipe a no-frills quick fix for an impromptu tea treat, for your surprise guests and yourself.
For the butter lovers, no worries, simply replace olive oil with 100g of butter to make an orange cupcake version. Or, I would show it to you next time. :)
Yields 16-18 mini muffins
80ml of fresh orange juice from (1.5 oranges)
1 tablespoon of orange zest (from 2 oranges)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
6 tablespoons of olive oil
250g plain yogurt
150g of caster sugar
Dry Ingredients (Combined and sifted):
200g of plain flour
1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Confectionery sugar (Icing sugar), for dusting
(1) Preheat oven to 165deg Celsius for 15 minutes.
(2) Combine all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a ballon whisk. Sift in dry ingredients, in 3-4 batches. Need not to over mix it, just fold in till well combined. Batter should be viscous.
(3) Divide into cupcake moulds. Bake in middle rack for 15-18 minutes. Cool on rack. Dust confectionery sugar on the cupcakes. Serve with coffee or tea.
That’s right, our National Day celebration was commemorated in my no-fancy bake. Well, we really loved its tangy flavour!
Tips: Just need to combine the wet ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Need not extended creaming effect. Same as combining dry ingredients. Just fold in until all ingredients are well combined.
* A medium-sized balloon whisk to blend the ingredients will do.
* All ingredients are best to use when they are at room temperature.