I used air fry method as the food wouldn’t be too oily, and less heaty, to my belief.
I added turmeric powder into my nuggets, not only for liking its bright yellowish colour, I believed the health benefit of having some of these spices in our diet. It’s optimal though, if you do not like this mild Indian spice flavor.
If you are cooking this for adults, do add a pinch of salt.
Yields 12-15 pieces of nuggets
1 small bowl of cauliflower florets (amount is about a fist-sized cauliflower)
1 small size carrot, peeled and cut
1 small cup of corn kernels, raw or canned
250 gram of minced chicken
Dash of Italian herbs
Pinch of white grounded pepper
1 teaspoons of corn flour
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of breadcrumb
(1) Steam cauliflower, carrots and corn kernels (if raw) until soft.
(2) Mash the steamed veggies and let it cool before mixing with raw minced chicken meat.
(3) Mix in seasoning. Stir well with fork. Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour.
(4) Make marinated meat-veggie mixture into nuggets shape. Coat the whole raw nuggets with beaten egg and bread crumbs.
(5) Air-fry nuggets at 160deg Celsius for 20 minutes. Then, increase temperature to 170deg Celsius for another 10-15 minutes or until golden browned. You may choose to shallow fry or pan fry in wok, too. Serve.
** This recipe is suitable for toddler from 12 months old up.
Tips: For more crispy nuggets, you may wish to drizzle some oil on the nuggets after placing them in the wire mesh basket of air fryer. It will also shorten the frying time by doing so.