Super easy recipe. Simply get a bottle of Korean BBQ sauce to marinade the meat. This is great for busy working couples who wished they could prepare their dish in a flash.
I use pan-fry method to cook it. However, barbecuing is perfectly fine, especially if you are throwing a barbecue party, use this sauce would make you a different marinade next time.
Anyway, this cooking yielded the taste and texture of barbecued as I used slow pan fry method. Hence, medium low heat to slowly brown the meat with longer cooking time is required.
Yes, longer cooking time is needed in my recipe to yield more robust flavor. Adjusting the fire to higher (or lower) to create better browning effect is needed, too. Simply stir fry as usual isn’t wrong, but do expect milder taste and less crisped texture of the same dish.
Try it. :)
1) Marinade pork belly slices with BBQ sauce and minced garlic, for at least 2 hours.
2) Heat large frying pan with oil over medium-low fire. Add marinaded pork and stir fry a little.
3) Spread pork belly over the whole fry pan and leave to brown without constant stirring. Adjust fire to avoid burning, if necessary. Flip the pork to brown and crisp both sides of the pork belly.
4) Add cherry tomatoes and stir fry a little to combine just before heat off. Dish up and garnish. Serve with steamed rice or plain porridge.
A serving of my pan fried Korean BBQ pork belly counts about 200kcal.
Tips: Use of pork shoulder part for leaner option.
* Bibigo Korean BBQ sauce comes in Original and Hot & Spicy flavor. Bought this large bottle of sauce at NTUC Xtra. About S$4.50 on offer at that time of purchase.