I was contacted by this talent mum, Ms Josephine Lee, who brought a range of great pasta/ rice sauces and marinades from Israel to Singapore. Ms Lee wanted me to try out these latest flash-frozen products as she read and found out from my blog that I liked to cook pasta. Yes, no with obligation to speak of her products in my blog, only if I truly like them.
Here you could see, and would understand why these healthy and delicious sauces are so likable, after reading my honest opinion and yummy recipe in this post.
By its flash-frozen method, the products took only 90 minutes from harvesting the ingredients to packaging them in a flash-frozen form, which means the freshness and goodness of these raw foods would be sealed in to its maximum.
* No preservatives
* No additives
* No cholesterol
* No trans fat
* No food colouring
* Gluten Free
That’s what we eat!
Compact packaging with individual portions:
Each tray comes with individual portions where you may simply ‘pop’ the required portions (in long cubes) without opening the unused portions, and this helps to retain its freshness for a very long period. Compact sized packaging enables easier storage, too.
Simple to cook, tasty to eat:
Without the need to further elaborate here, you sure know it by following my recipe here. :)
3 frozen cubes of Alfredo sauce (by Dorot’s brand), simply bring out from freezer 3 minutes before use
150 gram of macaroni (or your choice of pasta)
6 ears of fresh Shiitake mushrooms, removed stems and sliced
1 cup of ham and sausages, thickly sliced
1-2 bird’s eye chilies (Chili Padi), cut
2 slices of cheddar cheese
250ml of fresh milk
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 tablespoon of olive oil (Separately prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil and pinch of salt for cooking the pasta noodle)
1) Heat a pot of water over high fire. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and pinch of salt when water is boiled, and add pasta to cook until al-dente. Drain and keep aside.
2) Heat a large pan with olive oil over medium fire. Add chili, ham, sausages and mushrooms to stir fry till lightly browned and aromatic.
3) ‘Pop in’ 3 cubes of Alfredo sauce, add milk and let it slowly dissolve in the pan. Return cooked pasta in the pan. Add sour cream and melt cheese. Stir to combine all ingredients well. Heat off and serve immediately.
Actually, with Dorot’s flash-frozen sauce, simply add olive oil and milk to the sauce cubes to cook with your favorite pasta will do the delicious job, but liked it taste more intensely, perhaps some cheesy flavor, too. So, I considered my pasta dish a premium one. :)
Do check out my Facebook page for more cooking of different sauces/ marinades!
Tips: May cook with your choice of pasta noodles, so as the choice for toppings.
* As for cream, use heavy cream for more creamy flavor, or sour cream for lighter and refreshing taste, like I did.
* Dorot’s sauces or marinades are now available at NTUC Fairprice Finest. S$7.50 per tray of 5 long cubes (portions).
* Dorot’s sauce cubes are suitable for vegans and vegetarians. The products’ factory produces only Halal and Kosher food items.
* For more details, you may also visit: http://www.mannafreshsg.com/