“Bringing homemade lunch to work on regular basis benefited much on your time and pocket.”
Hubby changed his office location to town area recently. It was more hectic work as new, and for one who would be swearing for having to fight through a hubbub over peak lunch hour, he might end up skipping lunch or having just some fast food meals. Hence, I made effort to wake up earlier to make a lunch box for hubby. So that he could avoid the lunch crowd, and still enjoy a fulfilling, healthy and homey lunch box. Anyway, cooking for hubby, was my favourite thing to do.
I had already prepared the ingredients the night before. Cut and washed the vegetables as well as marinated the pork chop, and then, stored them in the refrigerator. Woke up at 7am this morning, I quickly cooked rice. Then, cooked mixed vegetables and pan-fried pork chop. Filled the lunch container with rice and topped the dishes. Ok… My heart warming Pork Chop Paradise lunch box is ready to go!
Of course, hubby was happy and touched by my effort.
Things to note for preparation of lunch box:
1) Use termal food container which enable you to keep the meal warm for longer time, especially for rice and dishes which require to serve warmed to taste nice. Alternatively, get a microwave-proof lunch container.
2) Lunch box has to have balance diet, too. Try to prepare both vegetables and meat dishes, if you are preparing rice bento. Pack some fruits to go along with the lunch box, too, if possible.
3) One of the dishes should be gravied to keep the meal moist and comfortable for the palate.
4) Keep the dish simple and easy to consume. Remove bones, and/ or prepare in bite-size is recommended.
5) Choose to cook quick meal so that it looks less hassle to do it often in order to sustain this homecooking packed lunch routine.
** See recipes of my dishes in separate posts.