“Ai Xin Bian Dang (爱心便当) Lunch Bento that filled with Love. Making a packed lunch rather than buying one saves an astonishing amount of money. Yet, having a healthier and better lunch meal. Tell you more on how I prepare my lunch box for hubby.”
Hubby changed his office location to town area recently. It’s more hectic work as new, and for one who will be swearing for having lunch in the crowed area at peak lunch hour, he might end up skipping lunch or having just fast food than eating proper meal. Hence, I made effort to wake up earlier (1 hour earlier than usual during my kid’s holiday period), to make a lunch box for hubby to bring it to work. So that he could avoid the lunch crowd, and still enjoy a fulfilling, healthy and homey lunch box. Anyway, cooking for hubby, it’s also my favourite thing to do.
I have already prepared the ingredients the night before. Cut and washed the vegetables as well as marinated the pork chop, and then, stored them in the refrigerator. Woke up at 7am this morning, I quickly cooked rice. Then, cooked mixed vegetables and pan-fried pork chop. Filled the lunch container with rice and topped the dishes. Ok… My heart warming Pork Chop Paradise lunch box is ready to go!
Of course, hubby was happy and touched by my love (winking smile).
Things to note for preparation of lunch box:
1) Use termal food container which enable you to keep the meal warm for longer time, especially for rice and dishes which require to serve warmed to taste nice. Alternatively, get a microwave-proof lunch container.
2) Lunch box has to have balance diet, too. Try to prepare both vegetables and meat dishes, if you are preparing rice bento. Pack some fruits to go along with the lunch box, too, if possible.
3) One of the dishes should be gravied to keep the meal moist and comfortable for the palate.
4) Keep the dish simple and easy to consume. Remove bones, and/ or prepare in bite-size is recommended.
5) Choose to cook quick meal so that it looks less hassle to do it often in order to sustain this homecooking packed lunch routine.
** See recipes of my dishes in separate posts.