“Simply delicious spinach dish. Many may know how to cook it, I have some tips to share, in case you wish to know..”
This is one of the recipes you can easily adapt at home. Simple, quick and easy.
I wouldn’t say it is the most healthy dish, despite the use of nutritious spinach greens here. It’s because I added canned stewed pork, for its flavourful taste to enhance the overall taste of this greens dish.
We liked this as it makes the vegetables dish much tastier, even for hubby who does not take greens. Such combination may easily hook up one’s appetite. So as to my family.
1 bundle of Spinach, about 500 grams, trimmed, washed and cut into shorter length
1 can of stewed pork chops, 256gram (Narcissus or Gulong brand)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
A touch of salt
1) Heat wok with oil over high heat. Add garlic and stir fry till lightly browned.
2) Add spinach and stir fry constantly till softened. Sprinkle salt, followed by stewed pork together with its gravy from the can. Stir fry for 30 seconds to combine well. You may use spatula to briefly mash the stewed pork to smaller meat size while stir frying (or shred it beforehand). Heat off. Serve.
A portion of this vegetables and stewed pork dish counts about 200kcal. To reduce calorie intake, remove the thick layer of fat/ oil on the surface of the stewed pork once opened the can.
Tips: Spinach is easily cooked as long as the veggie turns darker green in colour and appears soften. So, everything has to be done quickly, from adding of spinach till dish up, no longer than 5 – 8 minutes. This is to avoid over-cook of vegetables in order to retain as much nutrients as possible. So, cook it with high heat all the way as it helps to shorten the cooking time.
* Wash and soak the whole spinach in salted water for 15 minutes, before cutting it to shorter length. Cut only the stems and skip cutting of leavy parts.
* May remove the bone of pork chops (and briefly shred it) before adding into cooking. Or, switch the can of stewed pork chops to stewed layered pork instead. However, beware of the high additional fat in layered pork.
* Canned pork chop is available at major supermarkets and neighborhood provision shops.