“Simply yummy breakfast toast to start my great day”
Toast is bread which has been heated dry, with oven toaster or baking oven. I like toasting plain sliced bread and then spread the fruit jam, butter with sugar, condensed milk or kaya (coconut-egg jam), or make toasted sandwich with extra toppings.
Toast is crispy and pleasant to eat while it’s warm. However, toasting has to be lightly and do not set too high heat (if using baking oven which heat setting is needed), otherwise, the bread will be harden. Lightly browned toast will be just nice. Toast is simply perfect as breakfast to start your great day. I like to have the toast with soft-boiled eggs and a cup of aromatic hot low-fat coffee or ginger flavoured milk tea! Otherwise, a set of toasted ham & melted cheese sandwich will be as great.
2 slices of white bread (remove crust, if desired)
2 slices of ham (picnic ham)
1 slice of low-fat Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon of butter
1) Spread butter on both slices of white bread.
2) Place a slice of ham on bread, layer with 1 slice of cheese, and 1 more slice of ham on top. Cover with another slice of bread.
3) Set oven to 120ºC, or use toaster oven.
4) Place sandwich on grilling tray. Baked for 3 min each side, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
5) Cut into smaller size the sandwich (halves or quarters), and served warm.
Actually, you may go for regular sandwich with the same ingredients, but without toasting it, sometimes. The bread for regular sandwich has to be extra soft and tender for better taste. I always get the Sunshine “Soft” as its texture is really soft.
I like both ways of making this sandwich. Personally, I prefer toasted sandwich as breakfast, and regular one for tea time (smiling).
The calories of sandwich with this recipe count 340kcal.
Tips: Choose low-fat cheese, less-salt butter, and even low-fat bread as healthier choices. You may also choose wholemeal bread, if preferred.